Recipe: Roasted Red Pepper Hummus (without Tahini)




Meet my new favorite thing.

My new healthy favorite thing.

My new healthy favorite thing that even my picky eater will eat.

This. is. good. 

So good that I have to remember to share.


Roasted Red Pepper Hummus (without Tahini)

1 medium roasted red pepper
1 (16 oz.) can garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained and rinsed
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp. cumin
1 clove garlic (or 1/8 tsp. garlic powder)
salt to taste

1.  Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. 
2.  Adjust seasonings to your taste.

Hummus makes a delicious dip for veggies or crackers and can be used as a substitute for mayonnaise on sandwiches and wraps.  Can be frozen.



Adapted from Tasty Kitchen
Linking to these parties

7 comments :

HandJ Cobb said...

This looks so delish! And your picture is gorgeous as well. I've been making my own hummus at home for a while, but now I'm going to try roasted red peppers for sure!

Vanessa M. said...

I hope you like the red pepper hummus...I thought it was a nice change from plain hummus.

Marlys @ Thisand That said...

This looks delicious. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday and I hope you will join us again this coming week.

meandmr.com said...

Newest follower here! I found you through the six sisters' stuff blog hop :) You have a super cute blog, I can't wait to read more. You can find me at meandmr.com

-Melanie @meandmr.com

sarah said...

Made this today and it was OK. Recommend draining the garbanzo beans and reducing the lemon juice. Mine was very soupy even though I made a double batch and drained one can. Thanks for the tahini free option - I can't have sesame and appreciate that!

sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vanessa M. said...

I do drain and rinse the beans and will add that to the recipe. Thank you for your comment.